Receiving preventive orthodontic treatment care earlier rather than later can greatly benefit the development of your child’s teeth and mouth, as well as influence their future oral health.
The Super Dentists is San Diego’s largest, most trusted & top awarded pediatric dentistry, orthodontics and parent dentistry practice in San Diego. We offer preventive orthodontic treatment and teeth straightening solutions for everyone from young children to adults. The Super Dentists recommend having your child evaluated by an orthodontist no later than age seven, or even sooner if you see signs of orthodontic problems, including:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Finger sucking or other oral habits
- Crowding, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or are recessed
- Speech difficulty
- Biting the cheek or into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that don’t meet normally or at all
- Facial imbalance or asymmetry
- Grinding or clinching of teeth
If your child shows any of the above signs or symptoms, schedule an appointment with The Super Dentists today. Our preventive orthodontic treatment specialists will put together a treatment plan to ensure their smile is as extraordinary and unique as they are!
Some of the Advantages of Preventive Orthodontic Treatment Include:
- Create room for crowded, erupting teeth. Preventive orthodontic treatment provides enough time to correct problems such as jaw widening and other issues that arise during early development.
- Create facial symmetry by influencing jaw growth
- Reduce the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth. Sports injuries and other types of mouth trauma are avoidable with preventive orthodontic treatment. See how The Super Dentists can help today!
- Preserve space for teeth that haven’t erupted
- Reduce the need for tooth removal. Many issues that lead to teeth extraction can be caught early with preventive orthodontic treatment from The Super Dentists.
- Reduce treatment time with braces
- Reduce the need for jaw surgery. With preventive orthodontic treatment from The Super Dentists, your child can eliminate bad habits (such as thumb sucking) that can possibly lead to jaw surgery.
- Correct a misaligned bite so that it doesn't lead to decay, gum disease, accidental chipping, uneven tooth wear or speech impediments
Preventive orthodontic treatment and care does more than create a super smile — it helps create a healthy smile and builds confidence, too. If your children are already patients of The Super Dentists, your pediatric dentist can coordinate a consultation with one of our super orthodontists and preventive orthodontic treatment specialists. If you are new to The Super Dentists, please call 1 (855) GO SUPER (467-8737) for an orthodontic evaluation so we can begin monitoring your child’s oral development.
Come see why 1 in every 5 San Diego children is a Super kid - call us today to schedule an appointment for a preventive orthodontic treatment consultation. Everyone deserves a stellar smile - we look forward to seeing you soon!