The Super Dentists are proud to offer teeth whitening in San Diego. We provide a broad range of professional teeth whitening services to ensure you can enjoy a beautiful, healthy smile for years to come.
What Causes Teeth Discoloration?
Let’s face it – getting your pearly whites to shine bright can be a major struggle. Ultimately, there are many factors that may lead to tooth discoloration, including:
- Food and Beverages: Coffee, tea and various food and beverages contain chromogens, color pigments that attach to the white, outer part of the tooth (enamel) and cause it to fade over time.
- Tobacco Consumption: Smoking and chewing tobacco contain tar, a naturally dark substance, and nicotine, a colorless substance that turns yellow when it is mixed with oxygen. Thus, tobacco can stain the teeth.
- Age: Tooth enamel gets thinner as a person grows older. This often causes dentin, a soft, darker layer below the enamel, to become more visible.
- Trauma: If you have suffered mouth trauma, a tooth may change color by laying down more dentin.
- Medications: Tooth darkening is a common side effect associated with many antihistamines, tranquilizers and high blood pressure medications.
- Poor Dental Care Habits: If you don’t brush or floss your teeth on a regular basis, discoloration and stains are inevitable. A teeth whitening service can help reverse the side effects of poor dental care.
- Dental Restorations: Fillings, veneers or crowns can stain at a different rate than the natural teeth and cause teeth discoloration that is particularly noticeable and unattractive.
San Diego Teeth Whitening – Why The Super Dentists is the Only Teeth Whitening Service You Need
The Super Dentists team consists of dental professionals who are happy to educate you about the differences among teeth whitening treatments. We offer expert insights into a variety of teeth whitening options so you can make an informed treatment decision.
We will also teach you about your teeth whitening options. By doing so, we take the guesswork out of whitening teeth and ensure you can achieve your desired results. The Super Dentists empowers patients to take control of the oral healthcare with procedures and care that fits their particular budget and expected results. No two patients are the same, and our team of dental professionals will work to find a plan that makes sense for you.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
In many instances, a teeth whitening procedure can help an individual brighten the natural tooth color by four to seven shades. Most teeth whitening products contain hydrogen peroxide that releases oxygen to whiten the teeth. Hydrogen peroxide acts as a bleaching agent that removes both surface and deep stains on the teeth. It has been studied extensively and has been shown to have no negative effects on tooth enamel. There are also other systems including the ones that use laser or ultrasound to zap stains away.
What Types of Teeth Whitening Treatments Are Available?
Many teeth whitening treatments are available at home and in a dental office. Some of the more common options include:
- Chewing Gum: Whitening sugarless chewing gum offers a quick, easy way to remove food residue after meals and stimulates saliva to moisturize the mouth. This is a mild method of teeth whitening.
- Whitening Toothpastes or Rinses: Toothpastes contain gentle polishing agents to help remove stains from the outer surfaces of the teeth while brushing. Moreover, mouth rinses include hydrogen peroxide, which acts as a bleaching agent that whitens teeth and freshens breath.
- Whitening Strips: Whitening strips can be placed on the teeth and may help whiten the teeth over the course of a few weeks. They are generally stronger than toothpaste products because the whitening agent stays in contact with your teeth for a longer period of time.
- Tray-Based Teeth Whiteners: Over-the-counter teeth whiteners require an individual to place a mouthguard-like tray in the mouth. The tray contains a gel-based whitening solution with peroxide-based bleaching agents to help whiten the teeth. However, tray-based teeth whiteners frequently contain a lower concentration of peroxide than what is provided during a traditional in-office teeth whitening treatment.
- In-Office Teeth Whitening: An in-office teeth whitening treatment ensures a patient can receive outstanding support from a highly trained and experienced teeth whitening dentist. The treatment allows an individual to enjoy immediate teeth whitening results.
At The Super Dentists, we want patients to get the best teeth whitening results possible and will meet with you to explain the differences between in-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments. That way, you can find out why an in-office teeth whitening treatment may prove to be the best choice to help you brighten your teeth.
Professional Teeth Whitening at The Super Dentists
When it comes to teeth whitening in San Diego, The Super Dentists offer unmatched support, experience and options. We provide many safe, effective professional teeth whitening services to help you streamline the process of getting a picture-perfect smile.
At The Super Dentists, we understand no two patients are alike. As such, we will learn about your individual needs and provide the best teeth whitening recommendations for you.
We are committed to offering the best teeth whitening treatments – something that has helped us become one of the top dental practices for teeth whitening in San Diego. Now, let’s take a closer look at our teeth whitening treatments and how they work.
1. AADvance Whitening
AADvance Whitening is the most advanced teeth whitening system and is exclusively available at The Super Dentists. It involves the use of our branded whitening technology to erase teeth stains and discoloration and deliver a dazzling smile in as little as 4 minutes – yes, this is not a typo.
For an exceptional whitening teeth treatment, AADvance Whitening uses our proprietary techniques to provide superior results. The treatment is safe, quick and effective, making it an ideal option for those who want to whiten the teeth immediately. Part of our popular Acceledontics program, this professional teeth whitening procedure offers the results you want on a time-frame that’s hard to believe!
2. Philips Zoom!
Imagine what it would be like if you could transform dark, faded teeth into a bright, attractive smile in less than an hour. Now, you can make this dream a reality thanks to the Philips Zoom! teeth whitening treatment.
In just one 45-minute treatment, Zoom! can help a patient brighten the teeth by an average of eight shades. Zoom! involves the use of a top-notch tooth bleaching system that minimizes enamel discoloration. It has been clinically proven to be a safe, dependable teeth whitening treatment.
During a Zoom! treatment, The Super Dentists will cover the lips and gums and apply a special gel designed for whitening teeth. Then, a teeth whitening dentist will use Zoom! light to gently penetrate the teeth and eliminate stains and discoloration.
Zoom! gel usually is applied over the course of three 15-minute segments. At the end of the treatment, a patient can reap the benefits of dramatically whiter teeth.
Although Zoom! provides an excellent treatment for whitening teeth, it is important to note that not everyone is an ideal Zoom! candidate. Zoom! is a selective service and The Super Dentists will examine your teeth and gums to determine if you are a viable Zoom! candidate.
With time-tested efficiency and proven results, LaserSmile is one of the most popular teeth whitening services available at The Super Dentists. LaserSmile is an innovative laser teeth whitening treatment from The Super Dentists. It involves the use of an in-office laser teeth whitening system and a proprietary photon-activated gel that has been proven to be safe and dependable for more than a century.
In a LaserSmile treatment, The Super Dentists will apply the LaserSmile gel directly to the teeth. A laser will be pointed at each tooth for a few minutes to activate the bleaching gel, ensuring a patient can get the optimal results.
LaserSmile is a popular teeth whitening treatment for individuals who want fast, proven results and only requires about 30 to 40 minutes to complete. Furthermore, a LaserSmile treatment involves minimal heat and sensitivity, making it a great alternative to many other teeth whitening options.
ezlase offers an advanced laser teeth whitening treatment. It leverages a diode laser system that is commonly used for gum surgery, temporary pain relief and myriad dental procedures. In addition, a single ezlase treatment typically requires about 20 minutes to complete and enables a patient to brighten the teeth by six to 12 shades. With minimal treatment time and optimum results, ezlase is one of the most requested teeth whitening services at The Super Dentists. Patients all over Southern California love the results, along with the affordable prices!
With ezlase, a hydrogen peroxide-based gel will be applied to the teeth. The gel then will be activated by a laser to whiten the teeth.
ezlase is a superb choice for those who demand instant teeth whitening treatment results. It has been shown to whiten the teeth more quickly – and with less sensitivity and discomfort – than other teeth bleaching methods.
Why Should You Choose The Super Dentists for Teeth Whitening?
For teeth whitening in San Diego, The Super Dentists deliver exactly what you need. We have been a top provider of teeth whitening in San Diego for about 20 years and continue to explore innovative ways to assist our patients. Plus, we offer professional teeth whitening services that will help you get your desired results quickly and effortlessly.
With The Super Dentists, you can enjoy:
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technologies: We use the latest and greatest dental technologies, which has helped us earn our reputation as one of the best dental practices for teeth whitening in San Diego.
- Exceptional Variety: As noted, we have multiple teeth whitening treatments that are sure to fit your lifestyle, budget and desire to obtain whiter teeth. From our advanced AADvance Teeth Whitening to more traditional methods, The Super Dentists is Southern California’s #1 teeth whitening service. Plus, all of our area offices provide complete dental and orthodontic care for the entire family.
- Convenient Locations: We offer five convenient locations across the San Diego area, ensuring you can schedule an in-office teeth whitening treatment close to home.
- Extended Hours: No one should be forced to revamp their day-to-day schedule to accommodate a teeth whitening treatment. Thanks to The Super Dentists, you can set up a teeth whitening treatment early in the morning or late in the evening. We even offer appointments on most Saturdays.
- Proven Support: The Super Dentists have been recognized as a leading dental practice in the San Diego community and are proud members of several professional dental organizations. We take teeth whitening seriously and will do everything we can to administer teeth whitening treatments to exceed your expectations.
Need Professional Teeth Whitening Treatment? Contact The Super Dentists Today!
Take advantage of a teeth whitening treatment from The Super Dentists – you’ll be glad you did. With The Super Dentists at your disposal, you can brighten your teeth and enjoy a stunning smile for an extended period of time.
For more information about our teeth whitening treatments, please call The Super Dentists at 1-855-Go-SUPER (855-467-8737) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also schedule a professional teeth whitening session by booking an appointment online. Get the smile you’ve always wanted – contact The Super Dentists today.