Keeping Kids (and Adults) SUPER Safe at their Next Dental Visit
THE SUPER DENTISTS REOPENED MONDAY, MAY 18
Given the fluid, ever-changing situation with COVID-19, we encourage patients to visit our website or Facebook page for the very latest updates. You canalso call The Super Dentists at 1 (855) GO SUPER or text 1 (844) 765-1234. Don’t forget to use our online scheduling tool
The Super Dentists, San Diego’s largest, most trusted & top awarded pediatric dentistry, parent dentistry and orthodontics practice, has been given the green light to reopen for cleanings, exams and non-emergency treatment of patients. The California Department of Public Health and the California Dental Association announced dental offices can reopen May 7 and the San Diego Health and Human Services Agency lifted most of its restrictions on May 10.
After two months in lockdown, we know many of our patients are ready to catch up on their entire family’s personal grooming and healthcare. While delaying a haircut may not be pretty, it’s not likely to cause harm, but having no choice but to delay their preventative dental care for months can start causing problems.
During the pandemic The Super Dentists remained open to treat emergencies. While they weren’t as frequent in mid-March, now eight weeks later, the cumulative effects of not being able to see the dentist is catching up with many of our patients.
Oral health is not only important in maintaining healthy teeth and gums, it’s also linked to overall health in profound ways. Our mouth is the gateway to the body and nearly everything that enters the body enters through the mouth – COVID-19 is no exception.
Oral Health Matters More Now than Ever
Sometimes, it takes a global crisis to focus on what’s really important. Your family’s oral health matters now more than ever before. The COVID-19 crisis upended our way of life and the disruption of routine healthcare will continue to have long term impacts on our society, as Dr. Kami Hoss, The Super Dentists co-founder and CEO, recently explained.
Since mid-March, when the American Dental Association (ADA) called for a nation-wide pause on all non-urgent dental and orthodontic care, offices across the country – The Super Dentists included – closed accordingly.
Finding a reason to smile during times like these is difficult. The Super Dentists realizes how much your child’s smile matters, particularly when normal dental and orthodontic care isn’t available. The Super Dentists truly missed all of our loyal patients.
As dental care restrictions continue to lessen, The Super Dentists is committed to providing the safest possible experience for your family. Throughout the closure we monitored the emerging guidance, upgraded our HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning) system with new advanced filters and added professional air-cleaners and UV light technology that exceed recommendations by government and public health agencies of what dentists need to do to safely reopen to see non-urgent patients.
The Super Dentists: All About Safety and Smiles!
Even before the pandemic The Super Dentists had stringent protocols in place for cleaning and disinfecting our offices, but now we’ve added more.
Patient safety is our #1 priority, and it starts with comprehensive cleaning and sterilization in all of our San Diego area dental and orthodontic offices.
Our regular infection control and sterilization practices have always exceeded local, state, and federal health standards. With guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), The Super Dentists has taken the steps needed so our offices meet and exceed safety protocols to keep our patients, doctors and crew members safe.
What Your Next Dental Appointment Will Look Like
Innovation is a constant theme here at The Super Dentists. From kid-focused dental care to the most advanced dental techniques, we always strive to create an out-of-this-world experience for your child. Now, we want to offer a newer and even safer out-of-this-world experience for your family!
Dr. Kami Hoss has been a sought after leader during the pandemic, frequently speaking on COVID-19 related topics to media outlets across the country. Leading up to the reopening of dental offices in California, he spoke with several San Diego news organizations about what your next dentist appointment will look like.
Innovation is one of our guiding principles, so we’ve reimagined our entire patient experience to transition many of our processes to minimize physical interactions.
Virtual Super Lounge: Next time you visit The Super Dentists, you’ll be able to virtually sign-in, fill-out your digital paperwork, and be entertained and educated, all from the comfort of your car, using our innovative new ‘virtual super lounge’. Patients will be able to text when they arrive and wait outside or in their cars until their appointment. We’ve also added a virtual video conferencing tool so parents can get a report after their child’s visit without having to be in the office.
One of the best ways to keep everyone safe is to only allow healthy people inside the office. To that end, you will notice a thorough screening questionnaire when you’re scheduling your visits and then again upon your arrival. The Super Dentists has also secured appropriate PPEs (personal protective equipment) for all Super Dentists doctors, hygienists, assistants and front office crew members. We’ll require daily health screenings for our crew (including vital information like the presence of a cough, temperature, and shortness of breath), as well for patients entering our offices. We’ll follow social distancing, provide hand sanitizer and encourage frequent hand washing, among several other measures.
Here’s a summary:
- Comprehensive pre-appointment screening process (for patients/crew members)
- Patient temperature checks before they enter our offices.
- Everyone must wear a mask upon entering the offices.
- Plenty of hand sanitizer stations throughout all of our offices.
- Disposable pens.
- Frequent cleaning of clipboards, counters, light switches, and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Social distancing techniques, including chairs at least six feet apart in our lounges and adjusting appointment flow so fewer patients are in the offices than usual, taped distance lines outside to ensure social distancing, etc.
- Front desk barriers.
Schedule a Cleaning for You and Your Child!
Since oral health and overall health are closely linked, it’s imperative to keep up with your child’s preventative teeth & gum care to prevent small problems from becoming big ones. Keeping up with regular visits and cleanings are one of the best ways to maintain your child’s oral health. We know you couldn’t do that for the last two months, but now that you can, it’s important to schedule their next appointment. The Super Dentists offers a convenient online scheduling tool for added flexibility. Click here to schedule yours or your child’s next appointment.
Plus, dental emergencies haven’t suddenly stopped for the coronavirus. From chronic pain to chipped teeth to cavities and growth/developmental issues, maintaining your oral health should still be a priority to prevent more serious issues. Schedule your appointment today!
The Super Dentists have put the following procedures in place for reopening to ensure the health and safety of our patients, crew members and doctors:
- The Super Dentists will thoroughly screen every person (patients and employees) who will be entering the office, communicating with patients beforehand to ask screening questions about their health and any travel. Those same questions will be asked again upon arrival.
- Everyone who enters the office will be required to wear a mask/face covering. Additionally, The Super Dentists is asking parents to minimize the number of people who accompany patients to the office, (can one parent wait in the car with a child’s siblings or can one parent/guardian take them into their appointment).
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the reception area and throughout the office. Patients will be asked to brush their teeth at home prior to their appointment instead of brushing in the office.
- Patients will be able to “check-in” virtually to fill out necessary paperwork – all can be done via their phone or tablet; parents will also receive a live video-conferencing progress report on their child’s visit, which they can view from the car or home, using the Virtual Super Lounge portal.
- Appointment flow will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Even with the national and international shortages of PPEs (personal protective equipment), The Super Dentists has secured N95 masks and other protective gear to keep everyone safe.
- The Super Lounge and VIP Lounge will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other shareable items because they cannot be easily disinfected; however, The Super Dentists has developed an out-of-this-world ‘Virtual Super Lounge’ and has virtualized many amenities families expect from The Super Dentists. Visit TheSuperDentists.com/VirtualSuperLounge for educational content and fun activities.
- The Super Dentists has also upgraded its HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) with new advanced filters and have added professional air-cleaners and UV light technology as an additional safeguard.
- As a healthcare facility, The Super Dentists already had stringent cleaning and infection control protocols in place, but has added additional protocols.
- Some dental procedures have been modified to reduce or eliminate aerosols. The Super Dentists is pleased to announce that they are one of the first dental offices to utilize an advanced droplets and aerosol terminator (ADS) to provide an additional level of safety for patients, crew members and doctors.
- Coming soon: The Super Dentists will roll out a new virtual consultation tool for tele-dentistry for certain visits.
Learn More about COVID and Dental Health
Dr. Kami Hoss, co-founder and CEO of The Super Dentists, has been a sought after expert, both locally and nationally during the COVID-19 crisis. Dr. Hoss has shared his knowledge and expertise about various topics related to the dental profession, COVID-19’s links to oral health and from a business owner’s perspective, speaking about what the dental experience looks like as we emerge from lock down. Click here for the most recent interviews and articles.