The Super Dentists has reopened its six countywide dental offices, following a two-month shutdown. Here are some safety protocol.
San Diego, Calif. (May 20, 2020) – Dr. Kami Hoss, co-founder and CEO of The Super Dentists, announces the reopening of its six countywide dental offices, following a two-month shutdown, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Offices reopen Wednesday, May 20, with a number of new safety protocols in place to protect patients, staff and doctors.
Both, the California Department of Public Health and the California Dental Association announced late May 7 that dental offices can reopen and the San Diego Health and Human Services Agency also lifted most of its restrictions on May 10. “We are excited to welcome our patients back. Parents can feel safe, because we’ve exceeded all post-COVID-19 safety recommendations set forth by the American Dental Association,” said Dr. Kami Hoss.
Oral health issues have not paused, because there is a pandemic. Over the last few weeks, while seeing emergency patients only, The Super Dentists has seen a consistent increase in the number of the emergency cases and severity of dental health issues due to a lack of proactive care caused by the pandemic. Because of the pent-up demand and the need to prioritize more urgent cases, there may be some delays in scheduling.
The Super Dentists has put the following procedures in place for reopening to ensure the health and safety of their patients, crew members and doctors:
- The Super Dentists will thoroughly screen every person who will be entering the office, communicating with patients beforehand to ask screening questions about their health and any travel. Those same questions will be asked again upon arrival.
- Everyone who enters the office will be required to wear a mask. Additionally, The Super Dentists is asking parents to minimize the number of people who accompany patients to the office (can one parent wait in the car with a child’s siblings or can one parent/guardian take them into their appointment?).
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the reception area and throughout the office. Patients will be asked to brush their teeth at home prior to their appointment instead of brushing in the office.
- The Super Lounge and VIP Lounge will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other shareable items, because they cannot be easily disinfected; however, The Super Dentists has developed an out-of-this-world ‘Virtual Super Lounge’ and has virtualized many amenities families expect from The Super Dentists. Visit TheSuperDentists.com/VirtualSuperLounge for educational content and fun activities.
- Patients will be able to “check-in” virtually to fill out necessary paperwork – all can be done via their phone or tablet; parents will also receive a live video-conferencing progress report on their child’s visit, which they can view from the car or home, using the Virtual Super Lounge portal.
- Appointment flow will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Even with the national and international shortages of PPEs (personal protective equipment), The Super Dentists has secured N95 masks and other protective gear to keep everyone safe.
- The Super Dentists has also upgraded its HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) with new advanced filters and have added professional air-cleaners and UV light technology as an additional safeguard.
- As a healthcare facility, The Super Dentists already had stringent cleaning and infection control protocols in place, but has added additional measures.
- Some dental procedures have been modified to reduce or eliminate aerosols. The Super Dentists is pleased to announce that they are one of the first dental offices to utilize an advanced droplets and aerosol terminator (ADS) to provide an additional level of safety for patients, crew members and doctors.
- Coming soon: The Super Dentists will also be rolling out a new virtual consultation tool for tele-dentistry for certain visits.
For more information on The Super Dentists Virtual Super Lounge or to learn more about these new safety protocols, visit TheSuperDentists.com. Schedule your visit today, call (855) GO-SUPER (855-467-8737).
Recently named to the Board of Counselors at the UCLA School of Dentistry, Dr. Kami Hoss, DDS, MS is a renowned author, consultant, inventor, speaker, and philanthropist in the fields of dentistry, healthcare, and education. Twenty-three years ago, he co-founded The Super Dentists with his business partner and wife, Dr. Nazli Keri. Their business has become one of the most trusted, top-awarded and leading pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, and parent dentistry practices in Southern California. He is also passionate about educating parents about dental care, oral health and whole-person healthcare, and integrated dental and medical care. Through community programs, events, seminars and speaking engagements, Dr. Hoss and The Super Dentists team tackle topics like oral health and its impact on pregnancy, airway & sleep, psychological health and physical health.
In all his pursuits, Dr. Kami Hoss aspires to give back by being of service to the people in his community by creating opportunities for others to receive high-quality care and education. He has decades of experience working in the dental space and has treated more than 10,000 patients. He has served on faculty at Howard Healthcare Academy and University of Southern California’s postgraduate orthodontic program. He is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, California Dental Association, and San Diego Dental Society. With this extensive background, he has developed a reputation for innovation and making oral health care accessible, welcoming, educational and entertaining for families. For more information on Dr. Kami Hoss, visit www.KamiHoss.com.
Click here for the original article featured on Patch.com