The Super Dentists believe in supporting our patients and our community and therefore, are committed to getting involved because we care. Whether it's volunteering at a local community event in San Diego or sponsoring one of your kid's sports team, here's a recap of how we are invested in our community through The Super Dentists Academy, The Super Dentists Foundation and The Super Dentists Community Programs.
The Super Dentists Academy
- "How My Smile Changed My Life" Video -Our patients are asked to create and submit a video about how their smile has changed their life. It is both entertaining and enlightening to view the creative submissions we receive each year. The producer of the winning video receives a $1,000 scholarship!
- Complementary School Presentations for private and public schools
- The Tooth Keri gives complimentary dental presentations to more than 20,000 children annually in the San Diego public and private schools. Each child received a free information packet and an oral hygiene goodie bag to take home.
- The Super Dentists offer customized presentations to fit specific grade levels. Call Diane Bailey at (619) 216-7846, ext. 250 to schedule a presentation at your child's school.
- Complementary Continuing Education courses for our referring doctors.
- CPR certification classes for community doctors and their team.
The Super Dentists' Foundation
- Rady Children's Hospital –
- With our Candy Buy-Back Program, children receive $1.00 for each pound of candy they brought in and we donate another $1.00 to the Hospital, on average 1600 pounds of candy is brought into our office and we then donate that to the American troops serving overseas.
- December Toy Drive - on average 150 toys are donated a year and each person who donates a new toy receives a raffle ticket for a chance to win an Apple iPad!
- Miracle Merchants – we donated $100.00 to Rady's for each person who starts wearing braces in December.
- Girl Scouts – We help sponsor the 5k New Day, the Bridging Ceremony, and Urban Campout "Fun" Fundraiser.
- Ronald McDonald House of Charities in San Diego – We hold a Food Drive in November and donate approx. 150 pounds of food a year. Each person who donates canned food has a chance to win an Apple iPad!
- San Ysidro Health Center – We sponsor the Noche de Encanto Gala, a fundraiser that benefits their Pediatric Dental Clinic.
The Super Dentists' Community Programs
1. "Spooktacular" Halloween Helps Prevent Cavities While Raising Funds
Each year, as another way of thanking you and the neighboring San Diego community for your support, The Super Dentists host the "Spooktacular" Halloween Carnival. Each year more than 4000 people join the entertainment which consists of pony rides, face painting, petting zoo, live entertainment and a costume contest where lucky winners can win prizes ranging from free brace to free teeth whitening! Plus over $200.00 in gift cards are given out to the runner ups. Click here to watch last year's video.
2. San Diego Community Sports Team Sponsorships
The Super Dentists have been able to provide assistance with dozens of teams through the years, listed below are just a couple of the most recent teams. To find out how The Super Dentists can help sponsor your team click here.
- Chula Vista Little League
- Eastlake Little League
- National City Diablos
- Salt Creek Elementary School Soccer and Cheer
- Bonita Valley Softball
- Green Sox Little League
- Outbreak Baseball Team
- Oceanside National Little League
- SoCal Sweepers Team
3. Share-A-Smile Program
Referral cards are given to our patients for a chance to win various Apple products! They qualify for the drawing by graciously referring their friends and family members to The Super Dentists' practice and it is our small way to say thank you for taking the time and referring us.
Facebook – Tickets are given away as contest prizes during trivia questions that are posted on our Facebook page. Prizes in the past have included tickets to Justin Bieber's Never Say Never movie, Yo Yo Gabba, Sesame Street Live, just to name a few…
In the Office – Each month we have a drawing or a fun contest to interact with our patients and make each time they come to their appointments fun and rewarding. Our patients also receive points at each appointment for no broken brackets, great oral hygiene, A's on their report card, wearing their Super Dentists t-shirt, community service, and more!