Going to the dentist can be a positive experience for children if you choose the right pediatric dentist. Selecting the best pediatric dentist for your child is an important decision-one that should be researched and analyzed carefully. In order to obtain the knowledge needed to treat your children, pediatric dentists undergo an additional two years of post-doctoral training—in addition to the four years of dental school training.
Children respond better in the office of a pediatric dentist because it is geared strictly toward their needs.
Dr. Nazli Keri (aka “The Tooth Keri”) and The Super Dentists team of professionals truly care about each and every patient, because The Tooth Keri Cares! They take the time to establish a long-term relationship with you and your children-building an atmosphere of friendship and trust.
During one visit with a pediatric dentist you can learn a lot about whether he/she is right for you and your family. To help you choose the professional who is right for your child, here are some of the primary factors to consider:
- What is the general appearance of the office, the dentist and the staff? Is everything neat, clean and orderly?
- Are ALL the dentists in the practice SPECIALISTS in Pediatric Dentistry?
- Do the dentist and her staff spend time to get to know you and listen to your concerns about your child’s dental health? Beware of a dentist who is too rushed, busy, or nervous to take the time to establish a dialogue with you.
- How available is the dentist? Is the appointment schedule convenient for you? Is the office easy to get to from your home of place of business?
- Does the office provide dental health instruction and education? You want a dentist who is skilled both in the treatment and prevention of dental disorders.
- Does the dentist seem genuinely interested in your child’s health? Your child’s medical and dental history should be recorded and placed in a permanent file to assist in the evaluation of his/her future dental health needs.
- What arrangements does the dentist have for handling emergencies that occur outside of office hours? Does the dentist have an answering service or paging service?
- Don’t be embarrassed to ask the staff about fees. The dentist and his/her staff should be willing to discuss fees and/or financial arrangements in advance of treatment.
To make your child’s first appointment with The Super Dentists and their team of professionals, call (760) or (619) DENTIST (336-8478) today!