Choosing the Orthodontist in San Diego Who is Right For You
When you live in Oceanside, EastLake, Chula Vista, or a surrounding San Diego community and you're looking for an orthodontist for you or your children, how do you decide who the best orthodontic specialist is to meet your needs? To help you choose the orthodontist who is right for you, here are four primary factors to take into consideration along with accompanying questions you might ask during your first meeting. Once you have the answers, you'll be able to make a wise decision about your family's orthodontic care.
#1. What is the orthodontist's philosophy?
- Does he practice early treatment to achieve ideal results for you or your child?
- In addition to straightening teeth, do his goals include treating your face?
- What treatment is the orthodontist proposing for you? What is the purpose of this type of treatment?
#2. What are the orthodontist's qualifications?
- Has he had the 2-3 years specialty training in orthodontics from an accredited dental school?
- Is he licensed by the state of California to practice orthodontics? How long has he been practicing orthodontics overall?
- What is his reputation? Does the doctor teach orthodontics to area dentists at seminars and meetings?
- Has the orthodontist been recommended to you by a friend, colleague or relative?
- Has your orthodontist been invited to speak as an expert in his field on national TV or been quoted in publications specific to healthcare?
- Are his patients appearing on various forms of media either locally or nationally?
#3. Is the orthodontist using state-of-the-art equipment?
- How up-to-date are the appliances he uses and the treatments he offers?
- Does the orthodontist use the latest design in braces such as invisible braces for the fastest results?
- Does the orthodontist use "space age" wires and brackets for your comfort and improved performance?
- Is the orthodontist a Premier Provider of innovative methods such as Incognito, Invisalign or In-Ovation braces that reduce the total number of appointments necessary to complete your treatment?
- Does the office have up-to-date sterilization systems, use new appliances on every patient, and meet OSHA/ODC standards for infection control?
- Regarding treatment cost, what is included and what payment options are available to you?
#4. What's the office environment like at their San Diego orthodontic practice?
- Is the orthodontic office a place you enjoy coming to every time? Is it clean and inviting?
- If you intend to bring along younger siblings, is the environment child-friendly?
- Are the doctors and staff members friendly, compassionate and considerate?
- How are emergencies handled?
- How convenient is the orthodontist's location? Is it in Oceanside, Eastlake, Chula Vista or close to your San Diego neighborhood?
- Are the hours and days the office is open convenient for you? Do you have to miss a lot of work or does your child have to miss a lot of school?
- Is there ample parking available?
When you have the answers to your questions, you'll be able to make the right decision for you or your child. Choose the orthodontic practice that is attentive, listens carefully to your concerns and provides you with the details you need to know before you begin treatment.
Need Braces? Make Your Orthodontist Appointment Today
Thanks to the ongoing referrals from our loyal patients, The Super Dentists' continues to grow. When you or your children need braces, you'll be taken care of by one of the several established and dedicated orthodontists. Our team ensures that your family receives the extra special, super care they deserve.
Continue to browse this web site and learn more about our San Diego practice. Then, simply call (619) or (760) DENTIST (336-8478) to schedule your appointment. Conveniently located in Oceanside, EastLake and Chula Vista, select the office location nearest you.